Monday, November 10, 2008

Left 4 Dead!

Well, I pre-orded it, and I got the early access demo. I have to say, though, it really wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Sure, if you had asked me what I expected before I got the game, my description would've matched my description for it now, but it feels much different. It doesn't feel like the Source engine. It doesn't feel hard, or scary, even on expert, and although it is difficult, I just don't get that sense of desparation I expected. I don't get that rush when I get mobbed by millions of zombies that I was expecting.

But.

It's better than I expected. The AI Director really is completely dynamic, spawning zombies and bosses just at the point that it's survivable if you work with your teammates. Even the weapons and items spawn dynamically, in different places every time according to how fast your team is proceeding. It really, seriously, 100% works. Very, very well. So the game's demo is amazing, and worth the 44$ with only the 2 levels that are included. Because it playes different every single time.

What I'm playing: Left 4 Dead demo, Oblivion, Company of Heroes
Games I'm into: Left 4 Dead, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Oblivion

No comments: